Workshop: How to Grow a Child's Brain
With the right conditions and appropriate support, the brain can grow to its fullest potential!
Is it possible to grow a child's brain? Definitely, YES! With the right conditions and appropriate support, the brain can grow to its fullest potential. However, it takes years of well chosen experiences interacting with parents, teachers and caregivers to wire the billions of complex neural circuits needed for -- language, emotions, math, creativity, logic, etc.
- How movement grows the child's brain
- How to consciously grow new dendrites every day
- Why play is the natural and genuine way the brain learns best
- Why imagination and creativity are critical to promote intelligence
- Research based strategies to build a brain for lifetime optimal performance
Early childhood is the most critical time for the human brain. Abilities and talents are hard wired in early childhood building the brain reserve that is needed for an entire life time.
Gary is featured in this segment, aired by Shaw TV Nanaimo Ch 4, explaining the benefits of music to the development of the child's brain.